Meeting Location and Time: 7pm-8pm Everitt 3217
About the community
El Guarango Indigenous community in the Manabi Region of Ecuador. In the 2016 Ecuador earthquake, the community’s water distribution system was damaged.
The El Guarango Water Distribution project started just this year in February 2019. The project aims to design and install a new water distribution system to deliver clean water to approximately 70 families in the community.
area of focus this semester
This semester, we are looking to
- communicate with the community
- finalise the water distribution design
- prepare for the assessment trip (likely in Spring break)
- areas of concentration will be: water distribution, water quality, social/economic/political considerations
- fundraise for the project and team bonding
Project Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!